|Written by Administrator|
|Monday, 12 November 2012 00:00|
PEDES 2012 Presentation Instructions
Some Suggestions to Authors for Effective Presentation of Papers in PEDES 2012
Following are the possible actions which should be initiated by you to ensure that your paper is well presented in the Conference and receives the attention it deserves, considering the efforts put in by you in preparing the paper.
1) Presentation of Paper: Each author would be given time of about 10 to 12 minutes for presentation of highlights of the paper, including any further work done after submitting the final paper, as well as for providing any additional information. Authors are requested to strictly adhere to the specified time for presentation of their paper to maintain Conference schedule. It is also essential as courtesy and consideration to other fellow authors, who are also equally anxious to present their papers.
2) The paper should be presented; it should not be read.
3) We provide audio-visual back-up equipment as required by the authors for making the presentation lucid. PEDES Organizers make arrangements for the computers and LCD projectors for presentation. However, the Organizers will guarantee compatibility only with MS-Power Point presentations. (MS Windows XP). For any other software, you are requested to check with organizers well in advance. We request the presenting authors to start their presentation on time and complete within the allocated time. Please ensure that copy of your presentation is loaded in Laptop/PC used for presentation in advance. Volunteers will help you in this activity.
4) Authors need not spend time in profusely thanking the organizers for giving opportunity to present paper, to the august gathering, details of the parent organization, etc.
5) Some basic precautions should be taken for preparing slides so that the size of letters, lines in graphs etc. are legible to the delegates even at a distance of 30 meters. Some of the suggestions in this regard are as under:
• Presentation slides should include only HIGHLIGHTS of the paper and written matter should be avoided. Typically, each transparency / slide can contain a maximum of 6 to 8 lines. Smallest size of letters should not be less than font size 18 (Arial) Black in colour. Red or Dark blue coloured font can be used to highlight some point. Meaningful gaps should be maintained between the lines, white or very light coloured back ground can be used for the slide.
• Slide transition should be silent and without any delay effects as it leads to distraction and waste of time. Typically, one transparency (slide) takes about 2 minutes for presentation. Thus the presenter could ideally limit the number of transparency / slides to 6 to 7.
• Do not give more than one graph on one slide. The characters giving X-axis & Y-axis nomenclatures / legends etc. should not be smaller than font size 12.
• Flow diagram lines should be at least 1 mm thick.
• Slides should not include trade mark or any particular company emblem or logo
6) Please avoid repetition.
7) All slides (except the title slide) shall have “PEDES 2012, Bengaluru, Date of presentation (example: 25th July 2012)” as footer
1. Two number soft poster boards, each measuring 90cm wide x 120cm high will be provided for each paper listed for presentation in the poster sessions.
2. Authors are requested to prepare and bring along with them posters in two parts to occupy both the boards.
3. Clear type such as Arial font should be used so that the matter can be read at a distance of 1m.
4. One commercial logo is allowed in the material associated with a paper presented in a Poster session.
5. All posters shall have “PEDES 2012, Bengaluru, India, Date of presentation” at the top left corner (Header).
6. For posters to be displayed in the subsequent session, the dispaly boards and fixing material will be made available at the end of the previous.
7. The authors can prominently give the name of the presenting author and his/her e-mail id for establishing contact for continued interactions.
8. Authors have to remove their posters as soon as possible after the completion of the session.
9. List of coordinators for each poster session will be made available in this page on 5th December 2012.
|Last Updated on Monday, 12 November 2012 13:17|